Type of farm?
Minimum job duties will include:
• Working closely with Farm Manager in devising and executing a pasture maintenance program, including the scheduling, planting, cutting, and baling of all pastures throughout the year
• Acting as chief engineer and mechanic, ensuring all farm equipment is fully operational and stores/maintained properly
• Assisting in the care of livestock (sheep, cows, horses)
• Mowing and upkeep of farm grounds
• Monitoring all buildings, barns, and fences for repairs and ensuring those repairs are made in a timely and cost-effective way
• Working with Farm Manager to build and maintain a network of local vendors, suppliers, and contacts
• Potential for seasonal raising and processing of chickens
• Additional duties as assigned by farm owners
Other Requirements Include:
• Fully authorized to work in the US
• Valid US Driver’s License (commercial license preferred)
• Light Carpentry skills a plus
• Must be able to lift and move 50 lbs. and perform strenuous outdoor tasks
• $30,000/year salary
• Housing Provided
• Worker’s Compensation
Please send your resume and a written paragraph about your interest in the role to email@example.com by September 1, 2017.
Please note that only candidates who meet the role’s requirements will be contacted.
Kleinhans Farm is a family-owned farm in Flemington, New Jersey. We are currently seeking an energetic and entrepreneurially minded Assistant Farm Manager to assist in all areas of farm operation including equipment maintenance, hay production, livestock care, etc. The right candidate will be a self-motivated worker who can anticipate and identify potential issues and areas of opportunity for the farm, and will work closely with the Farm Manager in ensuring the farm is operating efficiently. The position will report directly to the farm owners but will have significant day-to-day interaction and oversight from the Farm Manager. Excellent growth opportunities exist for the right candidate as well.