Type of farm?
Stipend of ~$400 / month
Heifer International is a nonprofit humanitarian organization working to end hunger and poverty while caring for the Earth. Heifer Farm in Rutland, Massachusetts is one of three Heifer International Learning Centers. The farm offers offer global experiential education programs that center on the problems of hunger and poverty and the solutions offered through community building and sustainable agriculture.
Email your resume and cover letter including your dates of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Then, we will review and contact you for a phone interview.
Seasonal farm veggies, as available
• Must be at least 18 years of age by starting date of volunteer service;
• Must pass background check;
• Must be fluent in the English language and possess excellent verbal & written communication skills.
Gain knowledge and skills in education program facilitation, farming, cooking, and international development.
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
• GLOBAL EDUCATORS lead tours, education activities & programs with mostly youth participants; Assist with daily livestock chores and periodically in the Visitor Center.
• FARMER CHEF EDUCATORS assist part-time with meal preparation for program participants and part-time with gardening or livestock; Periodically lead education programs.
• FARM HAND EDUCATORS assist in all farm work associated with livestock care, maintenance, construction, and janitorial; Periodically lead education programs.
• GARDEN EDUCATORS assist with all aspects of gardening & crop production; Assist facilitating large groups of garden workers, mostly youth; Periodically lead education programs.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT:
Facebook URL: https://www.facebook.com/heifercenters
• On-site, communal housing provided
• Stipend of ~$400 / month
• Gain knowledge and skills in education program facilitation, farming, cooking, and international development
• Access to farm vehicles for local transportation
• Seasonal farm veggies, as available
• Access to free health insurance through MassHealth for US Citizens
• Heifer Gift Shop discount
8 hours per day/5 days per week
HEIFER INTERNATIONAL is a nonprofit humanitarian organization working to end hunger and poverty while caring for the Earth. There are open residential volunteer positions at Heifer Farm in Rutland, Massachusetts which has powerful global education programs inspiring visitors to take action. VOLUNTEERING WITH HEIFER CHANGES LIVES – INCLUDING YOURS!