Type of farm?
Livestock (All Animals)
• Pasture-raised pigs 250-500 animals in 2017
• Free-range broilers 4,000-10,000
• Grass-fed cattle 50-100
• Grass-fed sheep 25-75
• Free-range laying hens 400-800
• Spotted Draft Horses 3
• Free-range Turkeys in 2017?? 100?
• Livestock Guardian Dogs 3
• Daily watering, feeding and pasture rotation of broiler chickens, laying hens, ducks, turkeys, pigs, sheep and cattle
• Management of chick brooder
• Equipment maintenance
• Tractor Operation
• Product delivery
• Poultry slaughter & processing
• Building fence
• General carpentry and construction
• Enjoys working with animals
• Willingness to work long hours in all weather conditions
• Willingness to learn
• Valid drivers license
• Ability to lift 50 pounds or more repeatedly
As we continue to grow we seek a full time farm manager. The position will include all aspects of animal care including breeding, overseeing births, rotating to fresh pastures, selecting animals for slaughter.
Loading and hauling animals to slaughter.
Clearing fence row, installing and maintaining permanent and temporary fences.
Planning and record keeping, and eventually overseeing other employees.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is a self starter, hard worker with good communication skills, and a problem solver.
Submit Resume and References to
West Wind Acres
2884 West Glenville Rd
West Charlton NY 12010
West Wind Acres started as a hobby farm in 2008 over the years we have grown to 220 acres. We are a pasture based farm, using management intensive grazing, and mob grazing techniques. Our animals live as nature intended, and are always handled using low stress practices.
We currently are raising poultry, pigs, sheep, cattle, and livestock guardian dogs. We also have 3 draft horses on the farm.
Poultry: 4,000-10,000 pasture raised broilers
100 heritage breed turkeys
Pigs: Farrow- Slaughter 250-500 pigs
Cattle: Grow herd from 50, approximately 20 calves born on farm. Purchase up to 50 additional calves at weaning
Sheep: 24 ewes to lamb, grow and harvest all ram lambs.
Acquire and fence 200 additional acres of leased land. Convert 20-100 acres of our hay ground to pasture.